Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Lord sustains me

I wish I could say I wrote this, but I didn't.   Even if you aren't dealing with cancer, I'm sure that you know someone who is.   Take a minute to read this devotion.  What a great reminder to every one of us!  Life is a precious gift!

"I lie down and sleep; I wake again, for the Lord sustains me." - Psalm 3:5

Each new day of life is a precious gift from God. Most of us know that in our minds. But we don’t always live and react like we do. Many cancer survivors reflect on the fragileness and uncertain pathways of life. They realize that each breath we take and each step we make are granted to us by a loving, caring creator, a creator who wants us to find goodness and joy in each of them. Never forget that God has given you a special and wondrous gift with this day. Always know that God is with you to sustain you and to share blessings with you in every moment you have on this earth.

When my eyes open each new morning, I am reminded that the day is a gracious gift from you. I pray to use this gift gratefully and joyfully for you, O God. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment