Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I just want to shout!!!!

I had a CT scan done today to see how things are progressing with my treatment.   The doctor just called with the results. He said everything looks VERY GOOD! He said the tumor has shrunk from 2 inches to a 1/2 inch! Praise God!!!!!  I do need ya'll to pray about one thing though.  The radiologist doesn't have anything to compare with so I'm to get a copy of the previous MRI to them next week.  From the radiologist report, there are areas that look like metastatis, but my doctor talked to the radiologist and they agreed that because I'm doing so well, that more than likely (notice emphasis) it is where healing is taking place or scar tissue.  My doctor told me not to worry because he said it is hard to distinguish this in the lung especially if you don't have anything to compare it to. The radiologist agreed with him that if it has metastasized, we would be seeing symptoms of that and we're not.  Remember all this started with back pain and I have NO pain in my body!!  Praise God!!

So, please continue to pray that when the radiologist sees the previous MRI and compares this to the CT next week, that he will confirm that this is healing tissue, not metastatis.  I'll let you know as soon as I know.

As we wrap up the year, it's been an extraordinary year to say the least.  God has been so good to us and has never left us to walk this path alone.  I've never felt his presence like I have this year.  The peace that passes all understanding has been a gift He has given to us, one I can't quite explain, but know it has been so precious.  The lessons we've learned, the prayers we've seen answered, the love we've experienced, the grace He has given to sustain us have been a gift.  I know people think I'm crazy when I say that this cancer diagnosis has been a gift, but when you really think about it, it is.  I've learned to rely on the Father in a way I have never known before.  I wouldn't trade it for anything in this world.  We're in the palm of His hand, right where He wants us to be.

For each prayer you've prayed for us, for the phone calls, the emails, the cards, and other expressions of love and concern, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.  This year will not be forgotten.  It's all written down on paper. Who knows, one day it might be a book.  My prayer is that He receives all the glory for the great things He has done.  My spirit just shouts on the inside with excitement about all He has done and will do in the future!  "I will recount the gracious deeds of the Lord, the praiseworthy acts of the Lord, because of all the Lord has done for us,"… Isaiah 63:7a,b

May the New Year be one where we all find ourselves seeking His face more each day, drawing closer to Him, and learning to walk closer with Him! May it be filled with love, joy, peace, and good health for each of us! Thanks for sharing the journey with us!

Living with hope,
 
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment