Friday, January 1, 2010

As I reflect on the past year and look forward to the New Year.....

… that he has shown them according to his mercy, according to the abundance of his steadfast love.
 ~ Isaiah 63:7c

Today on this last day of this year as I reflect on how generous God has been and is to us. As we look back on the year and all that’s happened to us, there are lots of mixed feelings.  We've had our struggles and fears.   We've had heartache and pain.  We have been touched with rest and relief; as well as moments of joy and comfort too. While it’s easy to focus on what has gone wrong, we must refocus on what has gone right. God has joined us and is accompanying us on this journey.  He understands our distress.  He is bringing help in every moment of need.  This is cause for celebration and relief!

As this year closes and another is about to begin, help me Lord to not  focus just on what has been hard for me. Instead help me find  encouragement and hope in recounting all that has blessed and uplifted me this year. There are more blessings than I can say. Thank you, O God. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I can't close your website because of those nice and soothing songs... feels so good here.
    May God continue blessing you and your family.

    ReplyDelete