Friday, December 18, 2009

This was my devotion for today.   I think it is a pretty powerful one.

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his power." ~ Ephesians 6:10

Trust. Confidence. Resolve. Hope. A positive vision. These things are of God. They give us strength. They empower us. They supply us with the courage to face the uncertain future before us. We need each of these things to help us react to all that lies ahead with a healthy attitude and with grace. The gifts we need for healing, like these, all come from the One who is an endless source of support and sustenance for us. We do not have to travel on this road alone, left to our own limited knowledge and skills. But we can certainly rely on God to supply us with every gift necessary to find exactly what we need.

I can't do this alone, O Lord. I need your power to help me find my way. Don't let me try to find healing without you. Remind me of my own limitations and of your infinite care and love. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment