Thursday, December 10, 2009

We are all significant in God's eyes

"Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? " - Matthew 6:26

One of the things I've learned through my walk with cancer is that we are all signficant in God’s eyes.  I knew I was important before the diagnosis, but after the diagnosis, I really knew, if that makes sense.     Up until that time, I never saw myself as being a real vital part of this big world we live in.   I knew the Lord loved me, but after the diagnosis, the Lord showed me truly how much He loves me through the body of Christ.  I remember days going by when all I could do was cry.   I've never cried such big tears and there was nothing I could do to stop them.  They just kept coming.   A friend told me tears bring healing and I could certainly use some healing.    He truly holds each of us in the palm of His hand.

Realizing that I am valued  in God’s kingdom is one of the most vital gifts we can give ourselves. Knowing how much God wants us to believe we are created in a divine image can change our outlooks in many positive ways no matter what we are facing.  When we comprehend how much God loves us and wants to help us, our lives are renewed and transformed. We are changed for the better when we believe inherently that God cares for us deeply and that God’s only will is for us to have only the best of life and love.

My value in your eyes is ultimately impossible for me to understand, dear Lord. The love you have for me is far more deep and strong than I can ever know. But as I grow more aware, I thank you for the way it gives me hope and new life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment