Saturday, October 10, 2009

While waiting, sometimes I get impatient. How about you?

"It will be said on that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, so that he might save us. This is the Lord for whom we have waited; let us be glad and rejoice in his salvation." - Isaiah 25:9

Most of us are not good at waiting. In fact, we probably all struggle with being impatient.  I know that just when I think I've conquered impatience, it will rear it's ugly head again.    We set our own timetables and are disappointed when things don’t go just as we’d like. Often, many of us blame God when life doesn’t unfold as we want. But in doing so, we forget something so utterly important …our timetables are not God’s. Our life and times are in His hands.   We forget it is God who knows best, who offers what we need when we need it and whose timetable is the perfect one for us. Even when we don’t always understand God’s mysterious ways, we can be reassured that they are the ways to seek and to find.

My impatience gets in the way of my best interests too many times, Lord.   I know I need to actively wait on you, and when I do, my needs will be wonderfully met. Amen.

Blessings,

Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment