Monday, October 26, 2009

"He took our infirmities and bore our diseases." Matthew 8:17b

I just have to share this devotion with you that I received today.   Please take a few minutes to read this and really take in what it says.   We serve a big God and whatever we are facing today, He already knows about it.   He is not caught off guard.  We must choose to release our cares and let Him carry our burdens.  I know it's hard to release that control, but what better place to be, letting go and letting God take care of things.  What a relief we find when we do that!

Here's the devotion:   We are created in God’s image. God knows us intimately and perfectly. God wants us to find relief and release for our disease and pain. Because God understands us so fully, God is the one to whom we need to connect to know how we can best find help. God’s business is about offering us healing, hope and new life. God does not want us to suffer and neither does God want us to live in despair. We need to know and believe deeply within our souls that God’s purposes are only for our everyday and eternal best.

In love you have made me. In love you exist to save me from myself, from my fears and from my distress. I will live confidently today because of this deep love for me, dear God. Amen.
 
Living with hope,
 
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment