Thursday, October 15, 2009

Share your blessings with others that they may be encouraged.

"No one after lighting a lamp puts it under the bushel basket, but on the lamp stand, and it gives light to all in the house. " - Matthew 5:15

It is essential that we share the blessings we have been given. It is in sharing that we receive far more than we give. In this dark and difficult world, it is far too easy to see only the disappointments and frustrations around us. But that only makes our vision darker and of course, that's exactly what the enemy wants us to focus on.  When we allow the light that does pierce the darkness to shine from us and through us, we change not only our own outlook, but also begin to influence the understandings of those around us. There are untold blessings in our midst.  Take a few minutes today to write down your blessings.   There is always something we can be thankful for.   Remember the things that the Lord has done in the past for you.   Remember His faithfulness.   We can illuminate them and allow them to illuminate us to see the greater hope that God provides.

Lord, you put a light within me which warms and helps me every day. Even when I travel through this valley of illness, I realize I can help to shine that light all around me. As you bless me, help me to be a blessing to others in return. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment