Saturday, September 26, 2009

An update and prayer requests

I just wanted to post an update on me. I know it's been a while since I have posted one so I apologize for this being so long. I continue to feel good, am able to do everything I was doing before all this happened, my energy level is certainly back to normal. I am so very thankful to feel this good. I feel like my normal self again! The Lord has truly been good to me/us during all of this. He has truly carried me/us through this trial.


There have been times in the past few weeks that I've struggled with a boat load of emotions, thoughts, depression, but I know that was the work of the enemy. I've been reading a book written by someone who has been healed of cancer and the scriptures she put in the book. That has given me great comfort during this time. This has been a tough battle, but the Lord has been faithful. He has given me the grace and strength to walk through this. I'm so thankful for the scriptures that have lifted my heart and are helping me fight the battle of the mind. I've never had to fight a battle of the mind as hard as this one. Whew! But I KNOW that the Lord wants us to be happy and healthy and by His stripes we are healed.

Now, for the prayer requests:

I go back this coming Wednesday, September 30 for another calcium iv. Please pray that the nurse will find a good vein for the iv. I'm also thinking that I will be having another chest xray done before I see the doctor on Wednesday. I would truly appreciate your prayers in the upcoming week as I take another step of faith and get the chest xray done. Remember back in June, the chest xray said "significant improvement"? We were on a "high" around here after hearing those words. I think I floated on those words until sometime in July, then the battle of the mind crept in. Well, now I find myself getting ready to walk through the doors to get the next chest xray done. Pray against anxiety and that we would have increased faith for the journey. Pray that the results on the chest xray are even better than last time.

I'll update after next week's appointment.

I'll close with these words someone sent me this summer. I get goose bumps when I read this. Read it slowly and really take it in.

Andrew Seu challenges me when she writes, "When I pray, am I open to the possibility that God will not answer "yes" or "no", but this instead, 'You have no idea what's going on behind the curtain of your sensate reality, so you best had make up your mind once and for all--I do love you. Will you trust Me?' "

"Whom have I in heaven but Thee? And besides Thee, I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever...the nearness of God is my good; I have made the Lord God my refuge, that I may tell of all Thy works." ~Psalm 73:25-26, 28

Living with hope,

Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment