Saturday, September 12, 2009

"Love is not envious or boastful or arrogant." I Corinthians 13:4

One gift that cancer can give is the opportunity for us to reframe our attitudes and approaches to life. The realization that life on earth is finite and fragile can serve to propel us toward healthier ways of reacting and relating to the world around us. If we love the life we have been given and love the people who share life with us, we have the blessed prospect of living more humbly, less contentiously, more gratefully and less angrily. What a gift it is to live a life where peace prevails and grace abounds. Life is tremendously richer when we understand, appreciate and accept these gifts.

Dear God, sometimes it’s hard to realize that cancer can present any gifts. But the gift of reframing our lives is a blessed one. Help me to accept this gift. Help me to use this gift in life-renewing and life-affirming ways. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Although it's been almost two years since this was first posted.. I can't help but to thank you for your message! This really touched me tonight and was exactly what I needed to hear! I am and always will be forever in his grip.

    God Bless!

    Bryan

    ReplyDelete