Tuesday, March 9, 2010

To Shine Like Gold

"He knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold. My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside." -  Job 23:10-11
  
How we long for this to be our true confession. God wants us to shine like gold.   We are not yet gold, but long to be.  The refining process is a work in progress.    We are not yet fully following his steps, but we are trying.    We try to not turn aside, but we sometimes falter.  I am thankful for God's grace until our intentions and desires are fulfilled in our walk with Him!

O Lord, I confess my sin and my inadequacy in following your paths. Forgive me as I recommit my life to serve you in holiness and joy. Thank you for your grace which covers my sin and perfects in me the character of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment