Thursday, March 18, 2010

"Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful." - Luke 6:36


Thank God that his mercies are new every morning!   One of the things I learned early on after my diagnosis is that the Lord LOVES US SO MUCH that we can barely fathom His love.   I am SO thankful that He loves me unconditionally.   He knows when I'm going to mess up and yet, He still loves me.   Praise God for his mercy!


He wants to draw us closer to Him and it is truly through the valleys that we learn to draw close to Him, not when life is smooth sailing.   Cancer is a message to change.   I'm so thankful the Lord is doing "spring cleaning" and rebuilding me to be more like Him.


Here is a devotion that I received this morning that I wanted to share with you.   Even if you haven't been diagnosed with an illness, these are still wonderful words of wisdom.  I pray this ministers to your spirit.


When we judge and react harshly to ourselves and others we place burdens on our hearts and souls that we don’t need.  When we hold onto and keep mental lists of weaknesses, slights and faults we diminish ourselves and others.  It takes entirely too much energy to focus on imperfections and failings.  It weakens our spirits and inhibits our healing.  God gave us the command to forgive and show mercy because God knows it is best for us.  We are strongest when we can release tension and pain, when regret and disappointment can be lifted and when we can move on forever from bitterness and hostility.  Cancer is a message to change.  The most significant of the changes can occur when we clear ourselves of everything that eats at our souls.  We need that energy instead to focus on getting well and being whole again.


Merciful God, I know I need to learn so much from you.  Your gracious and forgiving nature toward me shows me how I need to live my life with others.  I pray that I will have the strength of conviction and purpose to do what I know is best.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment