Thursday, July 16, 2009

"But the Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one." -
2 Thessalonians 3:3

What is the evil in my life? Is it the disease I am told I have? Is it unresolved anger and guilt? Is it self-absorption? Is it addiction to any number of things? Is it self-righteousness and judgment? Is it fear and lack of courage? Is it a weak character and deficiency of courage? Is it absence of faith? All of us struggle in one way or another with evil. It’s part of our human condition. But we have been given access to the Divine condition so we may rise above our weakness and frailty. Today is the day to resolve to connect with our Heavenly Father so we may find relief from the evil within.

Lord, when I begin to look beyond myself and my troubles and turn to you, I find strength to rise above it all and experience new hope in you. Thank you for your unending gifts to help me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment