Thursday, June 18, 2009

God didn't promise days without pain,
laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but he did promise strength for the day,
comfort for the tears and light for the
way. If God brings you to it, He will
bring you through it.

I put this saying on my outgoing emails setting about a year ago. I never knew how true it was until I was diagnosed with cancer this year. Take a minute to read through it and really hear what it is saying. Thank you, Lord, for your amazing love for each of us. Thank you that you care about each and every single detail in our lives and that nothing catches you off guard. A friend told me early on in this cancer journey that "there is no panic in heaven tonight". It's a quote from Corrie Ten Boom. I haven't forgotten it, trust me. Isn't it amazing that God knows every single detail about every one of US? Sometimes it's hard to wrap my mind around that.

May your day be blessed as you seek His face!

No comments:

Post a Comment