Friday, March 27, 2009

Whew, what an exciting week it has been!

Just wanted to update you on today's visit and the week's answers to prayer -

The doctor decided that we can use the medicine that we were hoping for! I will start it next week and go back on April 8 for a follow up. The drug is made for my situation and is not a chemo drug. It actually starves the blood supply to the cancer and shrinks it. We should know by April 8 if I'll have any side effects from the medicine, plus I'll get my monthly bone iv medicine then.

I'll go for a chest xray in four weeks after I've started the medicine. If it the cancer has shrunk, then we know it's going to work for me. If it hasn't, then I'll start chemo.

This week has been full of excitement as we got word that the Rx company approved the drug treatment. This drug is expensive, $4500 a month, and so people have to get approval from their ins. Rx company or use a drug payment program. We were doing the happy dance when we found out that we will have to pay $50 for a 90 day supply! Woo hoo!!! God has once again proven himself FAITHFUL in this journey!

Another praise is that I have slept two nights this week for 7.5 hours! This is huge as I've been sleeping only 4-5 since the summer. Yay!!

Some specific prayer requests: *Please continue to pray for us as we move forward. We have a race set before us that we need to run with perserverance. (Heb. 12:1) We often ask the Lord to raise up intercessors, when we are tired and weary. We can't do this alone!

*Pray that the drug has minimal side effects for me.
*Pray that the drug works so perhaps I don't have to do chemo.
*Pray that we will remember all that God has done for us.
*Pray that we will continue to have peace that this treatment plan will work.
*Pray that as I get off the steroid this week, that I will have no back pain or nerve pain. So far, so good for the pain. I have a lot of water retention, but I understand that is normal when coming off the steroid. It's suppose to fix itself after being off it in a week. I finish the tapering off on Wed. next week. Pray that it does, because it's uncomfortable. I feel like if somebody stuck me with a pin, I'd pop!

Our prayer is that we will be able to tell others our story, that they will be amazed at what the Lord has done and put their trust in Him. Pray for doors to be opened for us to share! My heart just keeps singing "How awesome is the Lord, our God!"

1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you ... we are a homeschooling family also.

    ReplyDelete