Monday, August 10, 2009

An Encouraging Devotion to Share

"And you will say in that day: Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known his deeds among the nations; proclaim that his name is exalted." Isaiah 12:4

Our attitude affects every aspect of our life. I know when I've been around negative people, I have to fight not letting them bring me down. The attitude we have about our life and what we're going through is sometimes a minute by minute choice. I must choose to not follow their path of negativeness. I must choose to shed that bad attitude and grab hold of a positive attitude so I can walk by faith. Walking by faith and being negative don't go hand in hand.

Gratitude. Thanksgiving. Appreciation. All are vital and necessary attitudes to possess on a constant basis. The more we recognize and affirm what God has done, is doing and assures us will be done, the more we face life and our personal challenges with grace, joy and peace. Make it a specific goal each day to know how God supports and upholds you. It will make a tremendous difference in the way you approach everyone and everything that comes your way.

Lord, with gratitude I look to you. With thanksgiving I come to you. With appreciation I place my trust in you, my Hope and my Salvation. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment