Saturday, January 1, 2011

As I reflect on the past year and look forward to the New Year....

*I wrote this post last January 1, 2010 and re-read it today.   I can't help but re-post it because it says exactly what I would want to say again today as we begin a new year.  I made a few changes and hope you don't mind the re-post.  :-)
**********************************************************************************
As I reflect on the past year and look forward to the New Year..... 


"Now to him who is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work in us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." - Ephesians 3:20-21~

Today on this last day of this year as I reflect on how generous God has been and is to us. As we look back on the year and all that’s happened to us, there are lots of mixed feelings.  We've had our struggles and fears.   We've had heartache and pain.  We have been touched with rest and relief; as well as moments of joy and comfort too. While it’s easy to focus on what has gone wrong, we must refocus on what has gone right. God has joined us and is accompanying us on this journey.  He understands our distress.  He is bringing help in every moment of need.  This is cause for celebration and relief! 

As this year closes and another is about to begin, help me Lord to not  focus just on what has been hard for me. Instead help me find  encouragement and hope in recounting all that has blessed and uplifted me this year. There are more blessings than I can say.  Thank you for seeing us through another year.   While it has been the hardest year of my life, you have been faithful to walk with me through it.   Help me to have an attitude of gratitude, for you have done exceedingly more for us than we could ever imagine.  Thank you, Lord.  Amen.

2 comments:

  1. this is fabulous, so well writing!
    praise the Lord for his blessings!
    hugs
    Lila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Molly!

    I just saw on Sarah-Anne's blog that it's your birthday today, so I wanted to swing by and wish you a very happy day. She speaks so highly of you, and I think it's wonderful that you're being such a Godly example to the younger generation.

    May your year be abundantly blessed, and may you have eyes to see each blessing!

    In Christ,
    Davene

    ReplyDelete