Sunday, May 30, 2010

Consider it joy when you face trials of any kind.


When we found out I had cancer, I can tell you that we experienced a peace that went beyond understanding.   It enveloped our whole being.   I had never experienced that kind of peace before, but it was very precious.   It gave me the energy I needed to press through each day, to have an attitude of gratitude and joy for each new day I was given, and to be able to deal with the unknown future we were facing.   It was a precious gift.   I still have peace, just not the same level as when all this first happened.   God has been very good to us and I'm so thankful for the grace He gives us.  I'd like to share this devotion with you.   May it encourage you along the way!


"My brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of any kind, consider it nothing but joy."
 ~  James 1:2
Don’t mistake what this passage means. No one expects you to be happy about your difficulties.  The word happy comes from the word “happenstance”, meaning our feelings depend on what happens to us.  But we are expected to strive for joy.  Joy is a sense of well-being, a sense of security, a sense of peace, no matter what happens to us.  Joy is the feeling we want to achieve.  Joy is feeling secure and content in every situation, in every challenge and in every way, knowing that God is taking care of us even in the most difficult of days.

God of joy, help me to know your peace which passes understanding.  Help me to feel your security beyond compare.  Help me to be well within my spirit no matter what challenges come my way. Amen. 

May your day be blessed beyond measure -

Molly